2.06.2009

my first blog post (with a useful theory site)

so i come by a lot of useful info throughout each workday (i work at the Winspear Centre). i thought it’d be good to blog some of this stuff, so others can get what i get out of these things.

for my first blog, i’d like to share what has for the last while been extremely helpful. that would be 
www.teoria.com -. if you’ve got a crappy ear like me, or you want to hone your already perfect aural skills (which i’m extremely jealous of), this is the perfect place to do it. not only does it have several ear-training exercises, it has double that in theory exercises. now i know musicians are quite divided when it comes to theory junk, but i’m on the liking-theory side of things. i’m preparing to go to grant macewan for guitar, and because i’ve only been playing this tonal instrument for a year (and three years of percussion/drums before that) my ear is just taking it’s first baby steps. anyways, i hope this is as useful to some of you as it is to me. now go and flex those ear muscles!

www.teoria.com

www.good-ear.com - this is another good site that focuses just on ear-training

note: i’m cross-posting my blog on facebook, and i’ve tagged you if i think you’d like it.

credit: i’ll have to thank my guitar teacher, Lane Arndt, for pointing ‘teoria’ out to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment